The Washington DC Alumnae Chapter (WDCAC), Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Incorporated’s Distinguished Men Cookin’ with the Deltas is a signature program that provides people with a passion for food and cooking, an effective vehicle to support the college aspirations of local youth. This culinary-based community fundraising event has raised over $185,000 for scholarships and other community programs.
This is the 15th annual year for this signature program, scheduled for May 4, 2019, at Trinity Washington University and sponsored jointly by WDCAC and the Washington, D.C. Alumnae Foundation, Inc. (WDCAF). WDCAC and WDCAF have been serving the District of Columbia community for 97 and 33 years respectively through various public service projects. Through the years, each organization has been able to support its projects and scholarships through fundraisers hosted by each organization.
Your tax-deductible support, within permitted guidelines, will help take these programs to new levels. Check back soon for information on how you may order tickets and support this event through sponsorship opportunities.
If you’re interested in participating as a chef, you will be able to sign up soon via a registration packet posted to this page. Your name could be listed below as one of the winners for 2019!
2018 Winners Circle
People’s Choice – Amateur
- 1st place: Gregory & Noah Hope – Salmon ala Nachi
- 2nd place: Brandon Todd – BTT’s Corn Pudding
People’s Choice – Professional
- 1st place: Terrell Danley – Indian Channa Palak w/Cardamom Rice & Cinnamon Oranges
- 2nd place: Daniel Burroughs – Jerk Chicken Salad Wontons & Garlic Herb Mac & Cheese bites
- John Calhoun – Texas Smoked Brisket
Side Dish (tie)
- Gibran Cotton – G’s Pulled BBQ Jackfruit w/ Chef Mac’s Granny Smith Napa Slaw on Crostini
- Brandon Daniels – Polenta w/ braised Short Rib Sugo or Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
- Grant Shipp – sweet potato pie
- Mark Downs II – berry cobbler
- Van Strother II (winner) – BBQ red chicken
- Emerson Bretous (runner up) – oxtail
- Stephen Bryant (winner) – citrus shrimp eggrolls
- Tylon Shepherd (runner up) – assorted eggrolls
- Todd White (winner) – strawberry cheesecake
- Edward Adams (runner up) – sweet potato cheesecake
For more information, contact us at: email@example.com