In an ever-changing world, young people witnessing the good…the great….the bad of everyday life are finding comfort in discovering their voices. Through the power of the pen, they know their stories are important, their dreams count, their voices matter and they are poised to make an impact on the world.
In My Voice Matters: Telling Our Stories and Making a Difference, over 40 young writers share stories that speak to the issues they face on a daily basis. Presented by the Washington DC Alumnae Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc., this anthology brings together some of today’s brightest young authors in a compilation of poetry, essays, and short stories. The 4th through 12th graders, featured in this anthology, tackle everything from lighthearted topics such as, “how gaming can change the world,” to touching prose in historical settings, to more serious subjects, such as navigating the world as a young girl, among men.
In the News & What People Are Saying!
WDCAC hosted a Red Carpet book release and signing for the My Voice Matters anthology where the student authors read their works and autographed copies of the book for over 300 people gathered to honor and celebrate their amazing accomplishment! Covered by DCW50 News, the event was heartwarming and inspiring!
- “Loved it! I’m a teacher and will use it in class.”
- “Very much needed! Kudos to Delta Sigma Theta.”
- “Passionate young people who may not have had the opportunity to express themselves had it not been for this [book].”
- “Excellent! Purchased 10!”
- “The book is so real and interesting.”
- “Wonderful platform to showcase youth expression and clarity.”