The Washington DC Alumnae Chapter (WDCAC) of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. celebrates 100 years of service in 2021. In commemorating this milestone anniversary and continuing its legacy of building the community through scholarship and service, WDCAC will be offering specially targeted Centennial Scholarships in 2021. Funded by WDCAC’s first-ever capital campaign, most of these scholarships are being offered in addition to the chapter’s standing Scholarship Program as described elsewhere on this website, and will be awarded on a one-time basis unless otherwise noted.
The Centennial Scholarships are as follows, with links provided to scholarship packets with more information:
- Champions of Change Scholarship – Scholarships for undergraduate students who are breaking new ground and doing extraordinary things in the area of social justice.
- New Century of Leaders Scholarship – Scholarships for female graduate students in their second year of graduate school.
- Finishing the Dream Emergency Fund – Scholarships to assist graduating college seniors at selected DC-based universities with their final spring 2021 tuition bill.
- Overcoming Adversity Scholarship – Scholarships for individuals who have received a GED and who are continuing with their education at the college level and for adult learners who are returning to school to begin or complete their college education.
- Scholarship for Graduating High Seniors – Scholarships for graduating high school seniors who will be entering college for the first time. Some scholarships may be eligible for renewal subject to WDCAC’s continuing scholarship requirements and availability of funds.
Scholarship application deadlines have been extended. All scholarship applications are due by March 31, 2021.
To learn more about the scholarships and to apply, please click on the links as provided above. For questions about the Centennial Scholarships, email CentennialScholarship@wdcacdst.org.